Coconut shies, fairground horses, bright colourways, festival lights and all the fun of the fair – we love that the carnival theme is back, bolder, brighter and with a smattering of classic vintage. So roll up, roll up for a wedding party like no other.
Carnival Wedding Theme
Set the Scene
Create a rustic atmosphere by hosting your big day in a barn or marquee surrounded by spacious green countryside. We’re fans of Browning Bros and Oasis Events marquees, and anywhere with a rustic vibe or gorgeous view.
Warm reds, oranges, pinks and gold’s.
Combine classic vintage and retro with details such as light up carnival letters, bunting, old-fashioned fun fair games and sweet stalls. If you want to spend a little extra, everything from candy floss vendors to carousels are within your reach. The brilliant Prop Factory is a great place to start hunting out decor accessories and vintage stands.
Complement warm carnival colours wearing a classic vintage monochrome tailored suit with braces or, for a more rustic look, go for retro tweed.
Bring some 1920s vintage to the day with beaded couture-style trouser-suits or dresses, teamed with winged eyeliner and richly red lipstick.
- Hanging umbrellas from Polyvore
- Table setting with carousel horses from Brit.co
- Love sign, wantthatwedding.com
- Gold 2- karaspartyideas.com
- Signs, Etsy
- Skittles ring toss, Offbeat Bride on Pinterest
- Carousel and Candy Apple Stall from indulgy.com
- Helter Skelter, Etsy
- Coconut shy, lovemydresss.net
- Kissing Booth, Pinterest
- Hotdogs, polkadotbride.com
- Popcorn, sodazzling.com
- Eats and Treats, ruffledblog.com
- Cakes on Ferris Wheel, Carats & Cake on Pinterest
- Circus invitations, Etsy
- Bride on the carousel, frenchweddingstyle.com
- Bride with dark red lips, bridalmusings.com
- Bride in a vintage dress, Pinterest
- Striped Paper Windmill, Pinterest
- Umbrellas on the table, theknot.com
- Groom in tweed waistcoat, Pinterest
- Cake – Boho Weddings and Life
- cufflinks – Etsy
- Groom with suspenders from glamourandgrace.com
- Icecreams – trendinozze.blogspot.com